Swansea City Mission and Educational Trust
Nicholaston House is run by Swansea City Mission and Educational Trust, a registered UK Christian charity, which purchased the House in 1998 thereby establishing a Christian Retreat and Conference Centre overlooking Oxwich Bay.
The focus of Nicholaston House is to be a centre for healing and restoration channelled through various retreats and courses, and to facilitate Christian groups for conferences and away days.
We want guests to have the best in the Christian residential experience and to that end we:
…see people as the priority and desire to treat our guests with friendliness, respect and courtesy;
…strive towards high standards of hygiene, safety, maintenance and access in accordance with current legal requirements; and
…aim to deal speedily and responsibly with any queries that may arise.
Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation and final judgement.
- The Divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures and its consequent entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of fallen man making him subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the sole and sufficient ground of the redemption from the guilt and power of sin and from its eternal consequences.
- The justification of the sinner saved by the grace of God through faith in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
- The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit.
- The priesthood of all believers who from the universal Church the Body of which Christ is the Head and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.
- The expectation of the personal visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.
Trustees, who are ultimately responsible for the work of Nicholaston House, meet on a regular basis and continue to act with foresight, faith, wisdom and courage.
- Mr Geoff Thomas (Chair)
- His Hon Michael Burr
- Miss Sylvia Cox
- Miss Helena Wilkinson
- Mr Derrick Hancock
- Mr David Jones
- Mr Jim Penberthy
- Mr Allan Gray
Swansea City Mission and Educational Trust (Nicholaston House) is a member of The Evangelical Alliance, The Retreat Association, Christian Camping International (CCI), Global Connections, The Association of Christian Counsellors, Christian Healing UK, The Quiet Garden Movement and The British Association of City Missions.
‘God’s House’ is a detailed account of how Nicholaston House came into existence by the man who had the vision and was given instruction direct from God.
In 1990 God unmistakably led Sue and Derrick Hancock to Swansea to see a vision fulfilled which God had given them some years previously. The booklet (A5, 53 pages, colour) gives a brief factual account of what God did and is doing. It has been written for two reasons - to give glory to God and to show what very ordinary people can do when they step out in faith with God. 'All that we have accomplished, You have done for us' - Isaiah 26 v 12.