‘Painting Break’ with Jackie Davies and Irene Thomas
09 - 13 July 2018
...painting inspiration and encouragement
Event Type: Recreational Break Week
Due to popular demand, two weeks have been set aside for painting breaks in 2018 - both will be led by two local artists and experienced course leaders. Come to improve your painting skills, learn new techniques and enjoy the friendship of like-minded people in a stunning location. The course may include the use of mixed-media, collage, mark making with brushes, palette knives and also painting without brushes. Painting demonstrations will be given and each person given individual attention and encouragement, whether you are a seasoned artist or trying a new skill.
Led by: Jackie Davies and Irene Thomas
- £399 (incl. VAT) – guaranteed single occupancy of a non-single room
- £299 (incl. VAT) – single occupancy of a single room (limited rooms available)
- £299 (incl. VAT) – shared occupancy (couples/friends) of a non-single room
- £269 (incl. VAT) – shared occupancy (individuals) of a non-single room
- £79 (incl. VAT) – non-residential (Tuesday - Thursday) includes refreshments/lunch only
About the Painting Break
Title: Exploring textures in the landscape.
Equipment to bring:
- A good quality set of acrylic paints which includes the main primary colours plus the earth colours yellow-ochre and burnt-sienna also plenty of white - Daler Rowney or Winsor and Newton are recommended
- Brushes specifically designed for acrylics - small medium and a large flat brush - Daler Rowney graduate brushes are good value
- Palette knives
- Pencils, coloured pencils if you have them
- Oil pastels
- PVA glue, not the washable type
- Masking fluid
- Acrylic modelling paste
- Heavyweight Watercolour paper - 300 gsm about A3 size
- Some canvases or canvas boards about A3 size
- Some old cloths and old clothes to wear as acrylic paint cannot be removed
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further information.
- If availability is confirmed, please complete the online booking form below;
- Please telephone to pay the deposit or amount due by card or send your payment by cheque or *BACS within 5 days of submitting your form;
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions;
- Full payment is required 4 weeks prior to arrival.
*Please contact us for BACS payment details. We require a notification that a BACS payment has been made so we may confirm this and generate a payment receipt.