Ministry Retreats and Courses at Nicholaston House
Ministry Retreats and Courses at Nicholaston House Christian Retreat and Conference Centre provide the opportunity to step aside from the busyness of life for a short time; to rest, relax and restore in a welcoming and peaceful Christian environment located in the heart of the Gower peninsula.
Whether it is a led ministry retreat/course with a specific theme, or simply a personal retreat during one of our half-board breaks - there is something for everyone. Some retreats are open to non-resident guests and day visitors.
Retreats and Courses - Single Occupancy Charges
Guaranteed Single Occupancy charges apply for all residential retreats and courses, except for the Individually-Guided Silent Retreats, where guests require guaranteed occupancy of a non-single room. Single-bedded rooms are very limited and bookable on a first-come basis.
Shared Occupancy Discounts
We are pleased to offer a ‘shared occupancy discount’ for couples/friends sharing a non-single room and also individuals who are willing to share with other individuals booking independently.
Residential Retreats and Courses
All residential retreats and courses are full-board and include breakfast, light lunch (may include a packed lunch) and dinner. Standard check-in time is 4-5 p.m. on the day of arrival. Standard check-out time is 10 a.m. on the day of departure. Please see event information for details as times may vary.
Non-Residential Retreats/Courses and Day Visitors
Non-residential and day visitors are welcome to many of our retreats and courses - please see event information for details or contact us for further details.
Home-cooked meals are freshly prepared by our dedicated catering team. Vegetarian, vegan, gluten- and dairy-free options are available to order upon request prior to arrival. Medically-essential diets may also be catered for when booked in advance. All food allergy information should be provided at the time of booking.
'Living with Loss’ Retreat
2 - 4 November 2018
Event Type: Retreat/Weekend
Theme/Focus: Supportive Weekend
Grief following bereavement can feel overwhelming, particularly if we have lost a partner or child, or if our loved one’s passing was sudden or traumatic, or if we have suffered multiple losses. The aim of this supported retreat is to better equip us to deal with our life-changing loss. We will look at some of the spiritual, emotional and practical challenges of our grief, and then explore practical and creative ways of coping with our daily living as it is now, as well as the hope that our faith offers as we continue our journey through life.
Abi May is an experienced Christian author, educator and retreat leader, as well as being a bereaved mother. Her husband John has been active in Christian service for four decades.
“Living with Loss” retreats have been held at locations around the UK. Abi also runs short “Grief Companion” training courses as well as a blog/website: www.avalleyjournal.co.uk
Living with loss following bereavement:
The focus of our retreat is on making the best of our life in the present. We have several led sessions every day. These include explanations, reflection prompts, creative activities, discussions, times of reflection and prayer, and listening to music or inspirational readings.
Besides the led sessions, there is time for personal reflection, handouts to work on individually, as well as the opportunity for participants to have individual prayer with retreat leaders if you wish. A selection of relevant books are made available to read during the retreat.
The retreat is a strengthening experience, not only because of our personal reflections, but we may also discover from being alongside others who are grieving that we are not alone as we might have felt.
Led by: Abi May is leading the retreat, and her husband John will be available for individual prayer as a grief companion.
- £219 (ministry rate/no VAT) – guaranteed single occupancy of a non-single room
- £169 (ministry rate/no VAT) – single occupancy of a single room (limited rooms available)
- £149 (ministry rate/no VAT) – shared occupancy of a non-single room
- Is this the right retreat for you? Please read the Living with Loss Retreat Information
- If availability is confirmed, please complete the online booking form below;
- Please telephone to pay the deposit or amount due by card or send your payment by cheque or *BACS within 5 days of submitting your form;
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions;
- Full payment is required 4 weeks prior to arrival.
*Please contact us for BACS payment details. We require a notification that a BACS payment has been made so we may confirm this and generate a payment receipt.
Ministry Retreats and Courses
- 2018-06-22 | 22 - 25 June 2018 | ‘Individually-Guided Silent Retreat’ with Pat Callaghan and Revd Rob Hingley at Nicholaston House
- 2018-06-25 | 25 - 29 June 2018 | 'Prayer Ministry Week' incorporating with Hope and Geoff Price Retreat at Nicholaston House
- 2018-07-20 | 20 - 22 July 2018 | ‘Breakfast on the Beach’ Encounter Weekend with Mary and Erik Fok at Nicholaston House
- 2018-07-23 | 23 - 27 July 2018 | ‘Walking with Jesus’ Walking Week with David and Jane Closs at Nicholaston House
- 2018-09-14 | 14 - 16 September 2018 | ‘Breakfast on the Beach’ Encounter Weekend with Mary and Erik Fok at Nicholaston House
- 2018-09-17 | 17 - 23 September 2018 | ‘Individually-Guided Silent Retreat’ with Pat Callaghan and Revd Rob Hingley at Nicholaston House
- 2018-10-15 | 15 - 19 October 2018 | ‘Kingdom Healing’ Prayer School with Revd Mike Endicott at Nicholaston House
- 2018-10-29 | 29 October - 02 November 2018 | ‘Breakfast on the Beach’ Encounter Week with Mary and Erik Fok at Nicholaston House
- 2018-11-02 | 02 - 04 November 2018 | ‘Living with Loss’ Retreat Weekend at Nicholaston House
- 2018-11-09 | 09 - 11 November 2018 | ‘Healthy Relating’ - Personal Development Weekend with Helena Wilkinson at Nicholaston House