Themed Retreats and Courses at Nicholaston House
Themed Retreats and Courses at Nicholaston House Christian Retreat and Conference Centre provide the opportunity to step aside from the busyness of life for a short time; to rest, relax and restore in a welcoming and peaceful Christian environment located in the heart of the Gower peninsula.
Whether it is a led retreat/course with a specific theme, or simply a personal retreat during one of our half-board breaks - there is something for everyone. Some retreats are open to non-resident guests and day visitors.
Retreats and Courses - Single Occupancy Charges
Guaranteed Single Occupancy charges apply for all residential retreats and courses, except for the Individually-Guided Silent Retreats, where guests require guaranteed occupancy of a non-single room. Single-bedded rooms are very limited and bookable on a first-come basis.
Shared Occupancy Discounts
For selected retreats, we are pleased to offer a ‘shared occupancy discount’ for individuals who are willing to share with other individuals booking independently. Please check event details for details of shared occupancy rates.
Residential Retreats and Courses
Unless otherwise stated, all residential retreats and courses are full-board and include breakfast, light lunch (may include a packed lunch) and dinner. Standard check-in time is 4-5 p.m. on the day of arrival. Standard check-out time is 10 a.m. on the day of departure. Please see event information for details as times may vary.
Non-Residential Retreats/Courses and Day Visitors
Non-residential and day visitors are welcome to many of our retreats and courses - please see event information for details or contact us for further details.
Home-cooked meals are freshly prepared by our dedicated catering team. Vegetarian, vegan, gluten- and dairy-free options are available to order upon request prior to arrival. Medically-essential diets may also be catered for when booked in advance. All food allergy information should be provided at the time of booking.
Painting Break with Jackie Davies and Irene Thomas
Painting with a Difference!
13 - 17 July 2020 (pending/may be affected by phase 1 development works - please call 01792 371 317 for booking information)
Event Type: Recreational Leisure Break
Board: Full-Board (breakfast, light/packed lunch, afternoon tea and evening meal)
Check In: 4 p.m. Monday
Departure: 10 a.m. Friday
Back by popular demand!
This painting break is led by local artists and experienced course leaders: Jackie Davies and Irene Thomas.
Come to improve your painting skills, learn new techniques and enjoy the friendship of like-minded people in a stunning location. The course may include the use of mixed-media, collage, mark making with brushes, palette knives and also painting without brushes.
Painting demonstrations will be given and each person given individual attention and encouragement, whether you are a seasoned artist or trying a new skill.
Each day there will be optional devotional times, led by staff, in the chapel.
Rates (4-nights, full-board):
- £399 (incl. VAT) – guaranteed single occupancy of a non-single room
- £299 (incl. VAT) – single occupancy of a single room (limited rooms available)
- £299 (incl. VAT) – shared occupancy of a non-single room
- £129 (incl. VAT) - non-residential, includes lunch Tuesday - Thursday
- £189 (incl. VAT) - non-residential, includes lunch and evening meal Monday - Thursday
Equipment to bring (basic list - small additions to this list may be added nearer the event start):
- A good set of acrylic paints, which includes the main primary colours and plant of white - Daler Rowney or Windsor and Newton are recommended;
- Brushes specifically designed for acrylics: small, medium, a large flat and fan brush - Daler Rowney Graduate brushes are good value;
- Palette knives;
- PVA glue (not washable type);
- Oil pastels;
- Canvases A4 x2 (A3 size or larger if you are feeling brave);
- Old clothes to wear as acrylic paint cannot be removed.
- If availability is confirmed, please complete the online booking form below;
- Please telephone to pay the deposit or amount due by card or send your payment by cheque or *BACS within 5 days of submitting your form;
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions;
- Full payment is required 4 weeks prior to arrival.
*Please contact us for BACS payment details. We require a notification that a BACS payment has been made so we may confirm this and generate a payment receipt.
‘God’s House’ is a detailed account of how Nicholaston House came into existence by the man who had the vision and was given instruction direct from God.
In 1990 God unmistakably led Sue and Derrick Hancock to Swansea to see a vision fulfilled which God had given them some years previously. The booklet (A5, 53 pages, colour) gives a brief factual account of what God did and is doing. It has been written for two reasons - to give glory to God and to show what very ordinary people can do when they step out in faith with God. 'All that we have accomplished, You have done for us' - Isaiah 26 v 12.