- 2018-09-14 | 14 - 16 September 2018 | ‘Breakfast on the Beach’ Encounter Weekend with Mary and Erik Fok at Nicholaston House
- 2018-11-02 | 02 - 04 November 2018 | ‘Living with Loss’ Retreat Weekend at Nicholaston House
- 2018-11-09 | 09 - 11 November 2018 | ‘Healthy Relating’ - Personal Development Weekend with Helena Wilkinson at Nicholaston House
- 2018-11-23 | 23 - 25 November 2018 | 'Winter Single Mingle’ Christian Singles' Weekend at Nicholaston House
- 2019-02-15 | 15 - 17 February 2019 | 'Calling all Christian Singles!’ - Christian Singles' Weekend at Nicholaston House
- 2019-03-01 | 1 - 3 March 2019 | Men's 'Wild at Heart' Weekend at Nicholaston House
- 2019-04-05 | 5 - 7 April 2019 | ‘Time Out’ Weekends (for groups) - at Nicholaston House
- 2019-07-12 | 12 - 14 July 2019 | ‘Time Out’ Weekends (for groups) - at Nicholaston House
- 2019-07-19 | 19 - 21 July 2019 | 'Summer Single Mingle’ - Christian Singles' Weekend at Nicholaston House
- 2019-07-28 | 28 June - 1 July 2019 | ‘Breakfast on the Beach’ Encounter Long Weekend with Mary and Erik Fok at Nicholaston House
'Living with Loss’ Retreat
2 - 4 November 2018
Event Type: Retreat/Weekend
Theme/Focus: Supportive Weekend
Grief following bereavement can feel overwhelming, particularly if we have lost a partner or child, or if our loved one’s passing was sudden or traumatic, or if we have suffered multiple losses. The aim of this supported retreat is to better equip us to deal with our life-changing loss. We will look at some of the spiritual, emotional and practical challenges of our grief, and then explore practical and creative ways of coping with our daily living as it is now, as well as the hope that our faith offers as we continue our journey through life.
Abi May is an experienced Christian author, educator and retreat leader, as well as being a bereaved mother. Her husband John has been active in Christian service for four decades.
“Living with Loss” retreats have been held at locations around the UK. Abi also runs short “Grief Companion” training courses as well as a blog/website: www.avalleyjournal.co.uk
Living with loss following bereavement:
The focus of our retreat is on making the best of our life in the present. We have several led sessions every day. These include explanations, reflection prompts, creative activities, discussions, times of reflection and prayer, and listening to music or inspirational readings.
Besides the led sessions, there is time for personal reflection, handouts to work on individually, as well as the opportunity for participants to have individual prayer with retreat leaders if you wish. A selection of relevant books are made available to read during the retreat.
The retreat is a strengthening experience, not only because of our personal reflections, but we may also discover from being alongside others who are grieving that we are not alone as we might have felt.
Led by: Abi May is leading the retreat, and her husband John will be available for individual prayer as a grief companion.
- £219/person (ministry rate/no VAT) – guaranteed single occupancy of a non-single room
- £169/person (ministry rate/no VAT) – single occupancy of a single room (limited rooms available)
- £149/person (ministry rate/no VAT) – shared occupancy of a non-single room
- £99/person (ministry rate/no VAT) - non residential - Friday - Sunday (lunch and evening meals included)
- £74/person (ministry rate/no VAT) - non residential - Friday - Sunday (lunch included)
- Is this the right retreat for you? Please read the Living with Loss Retreat Information
- If availability is confirmed, please complete the online booking form below;
- Please telephone to pay the deposit or amount due by card or send your payment by cheque or *BACS within 5 days of submitting your form;
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions;
- Full payment is required 4 weeks prior to arrival.
*Please contact us for BACS payment details. We require a notification that a BACS payment has been made so we may confirm this and generate a payment receipt.